Portfolio 2016 for OS X
Current version: 2.5.3
Migrating from Portfolio Server 10 or 11
If you are moving to Portfolio 2016 from Portfolio Server 10 or 11, please see Performing an in-place upgrade from Portfolio Server 11 to Portfolio 2016.
All editions of Portfolio share the same installer. To start the installation process, double-click the installer icon and allow the installer to guide you.
Installing Media Engines
By default, Portfolio includes a built-in media engine. With additional Portfolio Media Engines, you can offload and distribute media processing.
To install the Portfolio Media Engine, double-click the installer and follow the prompts.
Since your Portfolio installation uses the built-in media engine, the Portfolio Media Engine installer does not allow installation on the same computer as Portfolio.
Portfolio 2016 v2.5.3
- Fixed an issue where NetPublish sites could stop responding. [PORT-7038]
- Fixed an issue where disabling the Extract & Embed option for the Description field did not work. [PORT-7065]
- Fixed an issue where trying to generate Smart Keywords for an item whose file is inaccessible yielded an error, even though the Smart Keywords were generated. [PORT-7075]
- Fixed an issue where email notifications would not be sent for actions performed on the tenth and later galleries. [PORT-7130]
- Fixed an issue where backups to a custom location would not work after upgrading from Portfolio 2016 v2.1. [PORT-7144]
- Fixed an issue where catalogs created in Portfolio 2016 v2.1 could not be deleted after upgrading to v2.5. [PORT-7185]
- Fixed an issue where upgrading from Portfolio 2016 v2.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 yielded an exception when trying to log in to the Server Admin. [PORT-7194]
- Fixed an issue where attempting to schedule a backup using a custom path after upgrading from Portfolio 2016 v2.1 yielded an error. [PORT-7197]
- Fixed an issue where the Portfolio 2016 server would not restart if the internet connection was unavailable. [PORT-7292]
- Increased default memory allocation from 64MB to 256MB for the Java Virtual Machine for Portfolio 2016 Media Engine and server. [PORT-7293]
- Fixed an issue where the default backup path could not be restored after it had been changed. [PORT-7304]
Portfolio 2016 v2.5.2
- Bug fixes.
Portfolio 2016 v2.5.1
- Smart Keywords: Select one or more items, a gallery, a catalog or other organizer, then right-click and choose Suggest Smart Keywords to have the Portfolio Smart Keywords service examine the image and return up to seven relevant keywords.
- Email notifications: Your Portfolio installation can send email notifications when a backup or restore completes (or fails to complete), and can also send notifications to interested catalog members when a specific public gallery has been modified by any user.
- Support for MrSID® raster images: Portfolio can now catalog, preview, and convert from MrSID Generation 2, 3, and 4 raster format images. Display and conversion is also supported in NetPublish catalogs.
- Panoramic images and videos: Portfolio can now catalog certain 360° still images and video. Panoramic viewing is supported in NetPublish catalogs.
- Keyword report: You can see what keywords are used, and with what frequency, in each catalog.
- Fixed an issue where the seconds component of GPS location was assumed to be 0, and where longitude was being reported as the opposite hemisphere (East was reported as West, and West was reported as East). [PORT-5863]
- Fixed an issue where some TGA files were not cataloged correctly. [PORT-6367]
- Fixed an issue where files that included a space in the filename could not be downloaded using Firefox. [PORT-6687]
- Fixed an issue in the Portfolio Admin app where the Reporting and NetPublish panels would not work in Internet Explorer 11 with Compatibility View enabled. [PORT-6741]
- Fixed an issue where the altitude component of GPS location was reported as 0. [PORT-6856]
- Fixed an issue where the preview for a Photoshop file that includes adjustment layers was generated at a very small size. [PORT-6886]
- Fixed an issue in NetPublish SiteBuilder where the default sort list in the Search and Sort section did not list fields in alphabetical order. [PORT-6990]
Portfolio 2016 v2.1.4
- Improved logging for troubleshooting purposes.
- Improvements in using and applying color profiles.
- Added ability to select or deselect all users to add to a NetPublish catalog.
- Fixed an issue where some TIFF files converted by Portfolio Web or NetPublish could not be opened by Adobe Photoshop. [PORT-3596]
- Fixed an issue where metadata was not embedded in Photoshop documents that were created from TIFF files. [PORT-4846]
- Fixed an issue where converting a Photoshop file to another format did not retain the color profile in the converted file. [PORT-4919]
- Fixed an issue where metadata wasn’t embedded in Photoshop documents that had a large amount of DocumentAncestors data. [PORT-5027]
- Fixed an issue where grayscale Photoshop files had fuzzy thumbnails and small previews. [PORT-5255]
- Added ability to select or deselect all users to add to a NetPublish catalog. [PORT-5273]
- Fixed an issue where 16-bit CMYK Photoshop files did not get correct thumbnail or preview [PORT-5323]
- Fixed an issue where batch converting DNG files did not include all metadata. [PORT-5830]
- Fixed an issue where disabling “Use Managed Upload” was ignored. [PORT-5831]
- Fixed an issue where metadata wasn’t embedded in certain Photoshop documents. [PORT-5878]
- Fixed an issue where spaces in filenames were replaced with + signs when downloaded. [PORT-5901]
- Fixed an issue where the pixel dimensions of EPS files was sometimes reported incorrectly. [PORT-5942]
- Fixed an issue where backups made from Portfolio 2.0.x could not be restored in 2.1.x. [PORT-5943]
- Fixed an issue where cataloging a very large image file could cause Portfolio to timeout. [PORT-5959]
- Fixed an issue where an external Media Engine would not process Photoshop files. [PORT-5975]
- Fixed an issue where a PDF could include the wrong date in a custom date field. [PORT-6009]
- Improved performance when there are a lot of user accounts. [PORT-6032]
- Improved error logging for watch folder and subfolder creation. [PORT-6095]
- Improved cleanup when backup fails. [PORT-6124]
- Fixed an issue where NetPublish would use the incorrect date format for the UK [PORT-6153]
- Fixed an issue where some fields were not displayed in the Details page of a NetPublish site. [PORT-6174]
- Fixed an issue where deleting a large catalog would take a long time. [PORT-6204]
- Fixed an issue where Portfolio would report the incorrect color profile for some grayscale files. [PORT-6208]
- Fixed an issue where backups would fail if the path for Previews was malformed. [PORT-6256]
- Added Elasticsearch details to diagnostic information. [PORT-6258]
- Added network connection details to diagnostic information. [PORT-6332]
- Added details about Java processes to diagnostic information. [PORT-6333]
- Fixed an issue where the Vault location was not retained on a re-installation on OS X. [PORT-6358]
- Removed reliance on QuickTime for Windows. [PORT-6370]
- Improved detection of color modes for PDF and Adobe Illustrator files. [PORT-6417]
- Fixed an issue where previews were created using the incorrect rendering intent. [PORT-6528]
- Improved conversion of grayscale files. [PORT-6551]
- Improved resizing of TIF files. [PORT-6562]
Portfolio 2016 v2.1.2
- Bug fixes.
Portfolio 2016 Web v2.1.2
- Fixed an issue where Portfolio Web would not recognize when more than 9 versions of an item had been created. [PORT-5884]
Portfolio 2016 v2.1
- You can create, save, and re-use custom color themes for NetPublish.
- We updated the header in NetPublish Site Builder to be smaller and more informative.
- We updated NetPublish sites so that when the banner scrolls out of view, the toolbar remains at the top of the screen.
- NetPublish can now publish sites that require SSL to connect.
- AutoSync performance improvements.
- Fixed an issue where an external Media Engine would not produce video previews for files local to the Portfolio server system. [TS-1710]
- Fixed an issue where the text of a document was not reindexed when the document was checked back in to a vault catalog. [PORT-5579]
- Fixed an issue where NetPublish sites did not display in Internet Explorer 11 using Compatibility Mode. [TS-1737]
- Fixed an issue where an upgrade installation would ignore a custom vault location. [PORT-5592]
- Fixed an issue where the Portfolio .preferences file was erased if the server was stopped when the boot drive was almost out of space. [PORT-5531]
- Updated to the latest version of FFMPEG to improve security. [PORT-5743, PORT-5744]
- Fixed an issue where the Portfolio uninstaller did not remove everything on Mac OS X 10.10 and higher. [TS-2006]
Portfolio 2016 v2.0.2
- PDF contact sheets can now display more than one line of text for long fields.
- Users with the Publisher access level can be given the ability to publish NetPublish sites.
- Fixed an issue where upgrading from Portfolio 1.x would yield an error when trying to create a custom field. [PORT-5438]
Portfolio 2016 v2.0.1
- Fixed an issue where Portfolio would fail to process files if it is installed on certain older Mac OS hardware. [TS-2070]
Portfolio 2016 v2.0
- Vault-based catalogs
The vault is a new type of secure, high-performance storage for metadata and asset files.
Vault-based catalogs give users more flexibility for using and modifying assets, while also providing secure storage that prevents direct access to asset files.
- Over 30 new IPTC fields added
- New and improved API
- Simplified support with on-demand logs
- Simpler licensing
- Fixed an issue where an LDAP user that attempted to log in with an incorrect password would get the error “An unexpected error occurred.” [PORT-453]
- Fixed an issue where non-Latin characters in a filename would be replaced when downloaded from a NetPublish site. [PORT-3309]
- Fixed an issue where enabling “Extract Metadata” for a field in a catalog based on the Simple, VRA Core, or Spectrum templates would not show that the option is enabled, although Portfolio would actually correctly extract the specified metadata. [PORT-3552]
- Fixed an issue where a NetPublish site would not show assets if it was published while Portfolio was processing a video or audio file. [PORT-3820]
- Fixed an issue where the default catalog type for the French and Japanese UI of the Server Admin application was incorrect. [PORT-3834]
- Fixed an issue where a NetPublish site with a watermark that included an ampersand (&) character would fail to preview or download items. [PORT-3926]
- Fixed an issue where the most recent change to a Watch Folder was repeated in the server log if the folder was re-synced without any changes. [PORT-3952]
- Fixed an issue where the browser would remember login credentials for a protected NetPublish site even after quitting the browser. [PORT-4123]
- Fixed an issue where Batch Process would not correctly transcode a video file if “Place new files in folder” or “Replace original” was selected. [PORT-4143]
- Fixed an issue where Batch Process would not correctly create a DNG file if “Place new files in folder” or “Replace originals” was selected. [PORT-4265]
- Fixed an issue where Portfolio could not catalog a ZIP file correctly. [PORT-4291]
- Fixed an issue where some log files are not created in the expected location. [PORT-4307]
- Fixed an issue where ElasticSearch was not running using the correct account. [PORT-4336]
- Fixed an issue where transparent areas in TIFFs were not displayed correctly. [PORT-4374]
- Fixed an issue where preview files could be larger than the original. [PORT-4375]
- Fixed an issue where JPGs were displayed with the default orientation even if they were shot at a different rotation. [PORT-4769]
- Fixed an issue where previews were regenerated after adding metadata to an asset. [PORT-4879]
- Fixed an issue where the preview image for certain multi-page TIFF files was created from all pages, not just the first. [PORT-4911]
- Fixed an issue where the preview image for certain multi-page TIFF files was created from the last page, not the first. [PORT-4912]
- Fixed an issue where exported metadata included blank rows. [PORT-4940]
- Fixed an issue where a thumbnail and preview was not created for certain EPS files that included atypical fonts. [PORT-4991]
- Fixed an issue where certain EXIF metadata was not embedded in downloaded files. [PORT-5011]
- Fixed an issue where older EPS files would fail to be catalogued. [PORT-5014]
Portfolio 2016 Web v2.0
- Asset check out
With vault-based catalogs, users can now check out asset files to make changes, then check them back in.
- Asset versioning
With vault-based catalogs, changes to assets, including metadata changes, are tracked, and previous versions of assets are retained.
- Asset locking
To help ensure compliance with asset licenses, assets in vault-based catalogs can be locked so that they can no longer be used or modified.
- Improved email collaboration in Portfolio NetPublish
- Fixed an issue where cataloging a file with a bad ICC profile would cause Portfolio Web to scroll slowly. [PORT-3170]
- Fixed an issue where Advanced Find would fail if multiple words were used as the search parameter. [PORT-3767]
- Fixed an issue where a using a quoted string in QuickFind would return no results if the text searched for is followed by a punctuation character in the text being searched. [PORT-3791]
- Fixed an issue where searching for an exact string in QuickFind (a string enclosed in double quotes) would fail to find the string if it appears within double quotes in the searched fields. [PORT-3804]
- Fixed an issue where the Catalog menu did not display a scroll bar for a long list of catalogs. [PORT-3822]
- Fixed an issue where a required field with the “Allow only predefined values” option enabled was not required for Managed Upload. [PORT-3938]
- Fixed an issue where QuickFind would fail to find a single word in a custom string field that contains multiple words. [PORT-3945]
- Fixed an issue where there was no feedback given if a file was locked and metadata couldn’t be written to it. [PORT-3984]
- Fixed an issue where the closing square bracket ] and percent symbol % were embedded in metadata as encoded symbols. [PORT-4125]
- Fixed an issue where some keywords from a Master Keyword list were not applied. [PORT-4393]